TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
FOR JOYRIDE USER
IMPORTANT: Please read these terms carefully. By using JoyRide's (the Company) Service (as defined below), you agree that you have read, understood, accepted and agree with the Terms and Conditions of Use. You further agree and acknowledge the representations you made below. If you do not agree to or fall within the Terms and Conditions of Use of the Service (as defined below), please do not continue using this Application or Service.
I. Contractual Agreement
The terms and conditions stated herein (collectively, the Terms and Conditions of Use or this Agreement) constitute a legal agreement between you and the Company where the Company will provide a Software (interchangeably, Application) which will enable persons seeking transportation or delivery services to be matched with third party independent transportation providers, drivers and vehicle operators (collectively, the Service Providers).
Supplemental terms may apply to certain Services, such as policies for a particular event, program, activity or promotion, and such supplemental terms will be disclosed to you in separate disclosures (e.g., Facebook page or websites) or in connection with the applicable Service(s). Supplemental terms are in addition to, and shall be deemed a part of, the Terms for the purposes of the applicable Service(s). Supplemental terms shall prevail over these Terms in the event of a conflict with respect to the applicable Services.
The Company may amend the Terms from time to time. Amendments will be effective upon the Company's posting of such updated Terms at their office address, online or in the Software. Your continued access or use of the Services after such posting, whether or not reviewed by you, confirms your consent to be bound by the Terms, as amended.
THE COMPANY IS A TECHNOLOGY COMPANY AND DOES NOT PROVIDE TRANSPORTATION OR DELIVERY SERVICES. THE SERVICE (SERVICE) OF THE COMPANY IS TO LINK YOU WITH SUCH TRANSPORTATION SERVICE PROVIDERS. IT IS UP TO THE SERVICE PROVIDERS TO OFFER TRANSPORTATION SERVICES TO YOU AND IT IS UP TO YOU TO ACCEPT SUCH TRANSPORTATION SERVICES VIA THE SOFTWARE OR MOBILE APPLICATION. THE COMPANY IS NEITHER RESPONSIBLE NOR LIABLE FOR THE ACTS, NEGLIGENCE AND/OR OMMISSIONS OF ANY DELIVERY SERVICE PROVIDED TO YOU BY THE SERVICE PROVIDER.
By using the Application supplied to you by the Company and downloading, installing or using any associated software supplied by the Company, you hereby expressly acknowledge and agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of Use, and any future amendments and additions to this Terms and Conditions of Use as published from time to time at or through the Application.
The Company reserves the right to modify, vary and change the Terms and Conditions of Use or its policies relating to the Service at any time as it deems fit. Such modifications, variations and/or changes to the Terms and Conditions of Use or its policies relating to the Service shall be effective upon the posting of an updated version at It is your responsibility to review the Terms and Conditions of Use regularly if you continue to use the Service and the continued use of the Service after any such changes, whether or not reviewed by you, shall be deemed as your consent and acceptance to such changes.
A. You, Your and Yours - refer to any natural or juridical person, the user of the Services, who installs a copy of the Software on a mobile device and submits booking/order through the Software.
B. Software - refers to the application or program developed by JoyRide, introduced and used in the Philippines to provide the Services to you.
C. Services - refer to all the works performed by JoyRide electronically through the Software it developed.
D. Biker - refers to a licensed driver, a holder of a Professional Driver's License duly issued by the Land Transportation Officer (LTO), Philippines, who has been accredited with We Move Things as part of a pool of drivers who may be willing, at his/her sole discretion, to provide Private Carrier Services to you.
E. Order - refers to your request of pick-up and transportation or delivery services, including add-on services, if any, using the Software.
F. Agreement - refers to the contract of private carriage automatically entered into by and between you and the Participating Driver upon the acceptance by the latter of your Order through the Software. A copy of the said Agreement is hereto attached and made an integral part hereof as Annex A.
G. JR Pay Wallet - refers to your deposit of money with JoyRide for the fees and charges due for the Services you availed which will be deducted to your said JR Pay Wallet.
H. Biker Wallet refers to the virtual wallet of the biker where the deducted amount from your JR Pay Wallet will be transferred as payment for the Services you availed.
The purpose of this Terms and Conditions of Use is to set forth the rules governing your use of the Software and the Services provided by the Company thru the Biker.
By using the mobile application, the Software supplied to you by the Company and downloading, installing or using any associated software likewise supplied by the Company, will enable you to arrange and schedule transportation, logistics and/or delivery of goods to your desired destination to be matched with the Rider.
The Services consists of a mobile application the Application, and related services, which will enable you to arrange and schedule transportation, logistics and/or delivery of goods to your desired destination to be matched with the Biker and/or to purchase certain goods, including with third party providers of such services and goods under agreement with the Company, and includes but is not limited to:
A. Providing the Software to you thru downloading, installing and using it in your mobile device;
B. Providing a link, thru the use of the Software, to you with the Biker;
C. Providing an Agreement between you and the Biker, thru the use of the Application. The Company is not a party to the said Agreement.
D. Providing the calculation of fees and charges for the completion of the Service;
E. Dissemination of the details of a Service to accredited Bikers and third party providers of goods and services for their acceptance;
F. Sending a confirmation to you of the details of the Biker who has accepted your Order or third party providers of goods and services;
G. Depending on your choice of payment:
1. If cash, you will pay directly to the Biker the fees and charges as stated in the Application; or
2. If thru JR Pay Wallet, the fees and charges as stated in your Order will automatically be deducted to the money you deposited in your JR Pay Wallet upon reaching the destination and/or completion of the delivery and ending the trip by the Participating Driver.
Unless otherwise agreed by the Company in a separate written agreement with you, the Services are made available solely for your personal, noncommercial use. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ABILITY TO OBTAIN TRANSPORTATION, LOGISTICS AND/OR DELIVERY SERVICES THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES DOES NOT ESTABLISH THE COMPANY AS A PROVIDER OF TRANSPORTATION, LOGISTICS OR DELIVERY SERVICES OR AS A TRANSPORTATION CARRIER.
By using the Service, you expressly represent and warrant that you are legally entitled to accept and agree to the Terms and Conditions of Use and that you are at least eighteen (18) years old or of legal age in the Philippines. The Service is not available to anyone under the age of eighteen (18) or such persons that are forbidden by law for any reason whatsoever to enter into a contractual relationship. By using the Service, you further represent and warrant that you have the right, and capacity to use the Service and agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions of Use. You further confirm that all the information which you provide shall be true and accurate. Your use of the Service is for your own sole, personal use. You undertake not to authorize others to use your identity or user status, and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your user account to any other person or entity. When using the Service you agree to comply with all applicable laws.
You may only access the Service using legal means. It is your responsibility to check and ensure that you have downloaded the correct Software for your device. The Company disclaims all liabilities if you do not have a compatible device or if your mobile device does not work optimally or if you have downloaded the wrong version of the Software to your device. The Company reserves the right not to permit you to use the Service should you use the Application and/or the Software with an incompatible or unauthorized device or for purposes other than which the Software and/or the Application is intended to be used or for any unlawful purposes.
By using the Software or the Application, you agree that:
By purchasing Credits and/or using Your Wallet as defined above, you accept the following terms and conditions:
This JR Pay Wallet Credits Purchase Agreement ("Agreement") is between and among the Company and the purchaser and/or redeemer of JR Pay Wallet Credits (you).
"JR Pay Wallet Credits," for the purposes of this Agreement, means a load amount value which is added directly to the Users JR Pay Wallet or Your Wallet in the Software.
You must have an active and valid Account to purchase and to redeem Credits, and your use of Credits and JR Pay Wallet is subject to the Terms and Conditions of Use and the Purchase Agreement below. The Company may from time-to-time request information from you to confirm your identity before it will allow use of JR Pay Wallet or remitting any amounts to you in order to comply with relevant anti-money laundering laws. Credits may only be redeemed via the Application. The Company reserves the right to modify the scope of services for which Credits can be redeemed. No portion of Your Wallet Credits are transferrable to another party.
The Company is not responsible for unauthorized use of Credits. The Company reserves the right to suspend or void their respective portions of Credits if it is suspected that the Credits were obtained or used fraudulently, unlawfully, or otherwise in violation of this Agreement and the Terms and Conditions of Use.
The Credits for the JR Pay Wallet are not redeemable for cash nor are they refundable except at our absolute discretion. They cannot be resold or transferred for value. The Credits shall not be regarded, construed, or used as valuable or exchangeable instruments under any circumstances. The Company may decide to reverse or refuse transfers of Credits at any time and at its sole discretion.
The Company may modify any of this Agreements terms and conditions at any time, with or without notice to you, subject to applicable law. The most current Agreement shall be available online or in the Application, and will supersede all previous versions of the Agreement. The most current Agreement shall be effective upon posting of such modified Agreement. Your use of any portion of your JR Pay Wallet and the Credits after such posting constitutes your acceptance of the modified Agreement. If any term of this Agreement is deemed to be invalid, void or for any reason unenforceable, such term shall be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining terms of this Agreement.
You agree that payments for the Service shall be subject to all applicable statutory taxes, duties, fees, charges and/or costs, as may be in force and in connection with any future taxes that may be introduced at any point of time. You further agree to use your best efforts to do everything necessary and required by the relevant laws to enable, assist and/or defend the Company to claim or verify any input tax credit, set off, rebate or refund in respect of any taxes paid or payable in connection with the Services supplied under this Agreement.
The Company and its licensors, where applicable, shall own all right, title and interest, including all related intellectual property rights, in and to the Software and/or the Application and by extension, the Service and any suggestions, ideas, enhancement requests, feedback, recommendations or other information provided by you or any other party relating to the Service. The Company name, the Company logo, the Service, the Software and/or the Application and the Service Providers logos and the product names associated with the Software and/or the Application are trademarks of the Company or third parties, and no right or license is granted to use them. For the avoidance of doubt, the term Software and Application herein shall include its respective components, processes and design in its entirety.
The Company and its licensors, where applicable, hereby grants you a revocable, non-exclusive, non- transferable, non-assignable, personal, limited license to use the Application and/or the Software, solely for your own personal and non-commercial purposes, subject to this Agreement. All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by the Company and its licensors.
You shall not: (i) license, sublicense, sell, resell, transfer, assign, distribute or otherwise commercially exploit or make available to any third party the Application and/or the Software in any way; (ii) modify or make derivative works based on the Application and/or the Software; (iii) create internet links to the Application or frame or mirror any Software on any other server or wireless or internet-based device; (iv) reverse engineer or access the Software in order to (a) build a competitive product or service, (b) build a product using similar ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Application and/or the Software, or (c) copy any ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Application and/or the Software, (v) launch an automated program or script, including, but not limited to, web spiders, web crawlers, web robots, web ants, web indexers, bots, viruses or worms, or any program which may make multiple server requests per second, or unduly burdens or hinders the operation and/or performance of the Application and/or the Software, (vi) use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, data mine, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Services or its contents; (vii) post, distribute or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior consent of the owner of such proprietary rights, (viii) remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in the Service.
You shall not use the Software and/or the Application to: (i) send spam or otherwise duplicative or unsolicited messages; (ii) send or store infringing, obscene, threatening, libelous, or otherwise unlawful or tortious material, including but not limited to materials harmful to children or violative of third party privacy rights; (iii) send material containing software viruses, worms, trojan horses or other harmful computer code, files, scripts, agents or programs; (iv) interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Software and/or the Application or the data contained therein; (v) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Software and/or the Application or its related systems or networks; or (vi) impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity (vii) to abstain from any conduct that could possibly damage the Company's reputation or amount to being disreputable.
Confidential Information refers to any and all data and information you acquired and/or accessed and will acquire and/or access, by installing and using the Software and the Services developed, owned and managed by the Company, from time to time, such as, but not limited to, the following:
A. The Source Code in relation to the Application and/or the mobile app developed, owned and operated by the Company;
B. The app contents of the Application, driver on-boarding data operation procedures, non-public financial information, trade secrets like applicable rebate programs for corporate users, business plans, copyrightable materials, operating procedures, non-public records, notes, reports, correspondences, supplier information and proprietary information; and
C. The trade secrets, techniques, marketing, Software and Services know-how, strategies and all proprietary information in connection to the use of the Software and Services of The Company,
are all confidential in nature and you herein undertake that you shall maintain complete confidentiality and shall not disclose any and all data and information to any third party and/or to a competing business entity.
You further herein undertake that you shall, at all times and in perpetuity, retain such confidential or proprietary information in full confidence and shall not, at any time, disclose, publish, reproduce or otherwise make available said confidential information to any third party/ies and/or in your own business or affairs, to the prejudice and detriment of The Company, its management, directors, officers, representatives and/or the Participating Drivers. You shall be responsible for any breach of this clause and shall, at your sole expense, take all necessary measures (including but not limited to court proceedings) to restrain the prohibited disclosure or use of the Confidential Information.
You acknowledge that The Company can not disclose personal data of other individuals to you in the course of your use of the Software and Services unless expressly allowed by the Data Privacy Act of the Philippines. In cases where personal data is authorized to be disclosed to you, you represent and warrant that you will only use such personal data for the purpose for which it was disclosed to you by The Company, and not for any other unauthorized purposes.
During use of the Service, you may enter into correspondence with, purchase of goods and/or services from, or participate in promotions of third-party providers, advertisers or sponsors showing their goods and/or services through the Service, Software and/or the Application. Any such activity, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such activity, are solely between you and the third-party. The Company and its licensors shall have no liability, obligation or responsibility for any such interaction between you and any such third party. The Company does not endorse any applications or sites on the Internet that are linked through the Service, Application and/or the Software, and in no event shall the Company or its licensors or be responsible for any content, products, services or other materials on or available from such sites or third-party providers.
The Company may rely on third party advertising and marketing supplied through the Service and other mechanisms to subsidize the Service and/or to earn additional revenue. By agreeing to this Terms and Conditions of Use you agree to receive such advertising and marketing. If you do not want to receive such advertising you should notify us in writing or in accordance with the procedure determined by the Company. The Company reserves the right to charge you a higher fee for or deny you use of the Service should you choose not to receive these advertising services. This higher fee, if applicable, will be posted on the Company's website located at You agree and allow the Company to compile and release information regarding you and your use of the Service on an anonymous basis as part of a customer profile or similar report or analysis. You agree that it is your responsibility to take all precautions in all actions and interactions with any Service Providers, other third-party providers, advertisers and/or sponsors you interact with through the Service and/or advertising or marketing material supplied through the Service; the Company shall not be liable to you in any manner whatsoever as a result of your such interactions.
By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of Use upon using the Service, you agree that you shall defend, indemnify and hold the Company, its licensors and each such party's parent organizations, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, members, employees, attorneys and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, costs, damages, losses, liabilities and expenses (including attorney's fees and costs and/or regulatory action) arising out of or in connection with: (a) your use of the Service, Software and/or the Application, your dealing with the Service Provider, third party providers, partners, advertisers and/or sponsors, or (b) your violation or breach of any of the Terms and Conditions of Use or any applicable law or regulation, whether or not referenced herein or (c) your violation of any rights of any third party, including the Service Providers arranged via the Service, or (d) your use or misuse of the Service, Software and/or the Application.
THE SERVICE, APPLICATION AND/OR THE SOFTWARE MAY BE SUBJECT TO LIMITATIONS, DELAYS, AND OTHER PROBLEMS INHERENT IN THE USE OF THE INTERNET AND ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS INCLUDING THE DEVICE USED BY YOU OR THE INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER BEING FAULTY, NOT CONNECTED, OUT OF RANGE, SWITCHED OFF, OR NOT FUNCTIONING. THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DELAYS, DELIVERY FAILURES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES RESULTING FROM SUCH PROBLEMS.
ANY CLAIMS AGAINST THE COMPANY BY YOU SHALL IN ANY EVENT BE LIMITED TO THE AGGREGATE AMOUNT OF ALL AMOUNTS ACTUALLY PAID BY AND/OR DUE FROM YOU IN UTILIZING THE SERVICE DURING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH CLAIMS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY AND/OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, ECONOMIC, FUTURE SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY TYPE OR KIND (INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS AND LOSS OF DATA, REVENUE, PROFITS, USE OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE). THE COMPANY AND/OR ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY OR CAUSED TO YOU OR TO ANY PERSON FOR WHOM YOU HAVE BOOKED THE SERVICE FOR, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE SERVICE, APPLICATION AND/OR THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, APPLICATION AND/OR THE SOFTWARE, ANY RELIANCE PLACED BY YOU ON THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY OR EXISTENCE OF ANY ADVERTISING, OR AS A RESULT OF ANY RELATIONSHIP OR TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY THIRD-PARTY PROVIDER, ADVERTISER OR SPONSOR WHOSE ADVERTISING APPEARS ON THE WEBSITE OR IS REFERRED TO BY THE SERVICE, APPLICATION AND/OR THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF THE COMPANY AND/OR ITS LICENSORS HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE COMPANY DOES NOT AND WILL NOT ASSESS NOR MONITOR THE SUITABILITY, LEGALITY, ABILITY, MOVEMENT, OR LOCATION OF ANY THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS, INCLUDING THE SERVICE PROVIDERS, ADVERTISERS AND/OR SPONSORS AND YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE AND RELEASE THE COMPANY FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS INCLUDING SERVICE PROVIDERS, ADVERTISERS AND/OR SPONSORS. THE COMPANY WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO DISPUTES, NEGOTIATIONS OF DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND SUCH THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS INCLUDING THE SERVICE PROVIDERS, ADVERTISERS AND/OR SPONSORS. UNLESS YOU ARE A CORPORATE CUSTOMER WITH A CURRENT CORPORATE ACCOUNT WITH US, WE CANNOT AND WILL NOT PLAY ANY ROLE IN MANAGING PAYMENTS BETWEEN YOU AND THE THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS, INCLUDING THE SERVICE PROVIDER, ADVERTISERS AND/OR SPONSORS. RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE DECISIONS YOU MAKE REGARDING SERVICES AND PRODUCTS OFFERED VIA THE SERVICE, SOFTWARE AND/OR THE APPLICATION (WITH ALL ITS IMPLICATIONS) RESTS SOLELY WITH AND ON YOU. YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE AND RELEASE THE COMPANY FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, CAUSES OF ACTION, OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, SOFTWARE AND/OR THE APPLICATION, OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE THIRD PARTIES INCLUDING THE SERVICE PROVIDERS, ADVERTISERS AND/OR SPONSORS INTRODUCED TO YOU BY THE SERVICE, SOFTWARE AND/OR THE APPLICATION.
THE QUALITY OF THE SERVICE PROVIDERS SCHEDULED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS ENTIRELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE SERVICE PROVIDERS WHO ULTIMATELY PROVIDES SUCH TRANSPORTATION SERVICES TO YOU.
Neither the Company nor the Service Provider shall be liable for any injury to your person or loss of life or delay of your journey due to an act of God including but not limited to natural disasters, typhoons or flood, an act of war, civil disruptions or strikes or the anticipation of the same, criminal acts or omissions of third parties, industrial actions, unforeseeable traffic conditions, seizure under legal process, national or local disruptions to air, ground or water transportation networks or breakdown in communication or information systems.
The Company is not liable for any losses, damages, claims or costs including any consequential, indirect or incidental losses or damages to your mobile device or any applications stored therein as a result of installation or use of the Joyride software or mobile application.
The Company is not liable for any losses or damages, including but not limited to any injury which you may suffer, any damage to property owned by or in possession of you, or any Indirect Loss and Damage, resulting from the Service Providers services, matters relating to Service Providers, or the process of transportation by reason of you using the Service in your capacity as a User.
THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR GUARANTEE AS TO THE RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, QUALITY, SUITABILITY, AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SERVICES, APPLICATION AND/OR THE SOFTWARE. THE COMPANY DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT:
A. THE USE OF THE SERVICE, APPLICATION AND/OR THE SOFTWARE WILL BE SECURE, TIMELY, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR OPERATE IN COMBINATION WITH ANY OTHER HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, SYSTEM OR DATA;
B. THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS;
C. ANY STORED DATA WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE;
D. THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIALS PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE APPLICATION WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS;
E. ERRORS OR DEFECTS IN THE APPLICATION AND/OR THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED; OR
F. THE APPLICATION OR THE SERVER(S) THAT MAKE THE APPLICATION AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR
G. THE APPLICATION AND/OR THE SOFTWARE TRACKS YOU OR THE VEHICLE USED BY THE SERVICE PROVIDER.
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED TO YOU STRICTLY ON AN AS IS BASIS. ALL CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS, ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED AND DISCLAIMED TO THE HIGHEST AND MAXIMUM EXTENT. THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR GUARANTEE AS TO THE RELIABILITY, SAFETY, TIMELINESS, QUALITY, SUITABILITY OR AVAILABILITY OF ANY SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE SERVICE PROVIDER OBTAINED BY OR FROM THIRD PARTIES THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE, APPLICATION AND/OR THE SOFTWARE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, AND ANY THIRD-PARTY SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE SERVICE PROVIDER REMAINS SOLELY AND ABSOLUTELY WITH YOU AND YOU SHALL HAVE NO RECOURSE WHATSOEVER TO THE COMPANY.
The Company may give notice by means of a general notice on the Application, electronic mail to your email address in the records of the Company, or by written communication sent by registered mail or pre-paid post to your address in the record of the Company. Such notice shall be deemed to have been given upon the expiration of 48 hours after mailing or posting (if sent by registered mail or pre-paid post) or 1 hour after sending (if sent by email). You may give notice to the Company (such notice shall be deemed given when received by the Company) by letter sent by courier or registered mail to the Company using the contact details as provided in the Application.
The agreement as constituted by the Terms and Conditions of Use as modified from time to time may not be assigned by you without the prior written approval of the Company but may be assigned without your consent by the Company. Any purported assignment by you in violation of this section shall be void.
This Agreement shall be governed by Filipino law, without regard to the choice or conflicts of law provisions of any jurisdiction, and any disputes, actions, claims or causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Terms and Conditions of Use or the Service shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Philippines to which you hereby agree to submit to.
In the event that the law in other countries or jurisdictions does not allow the courts of the Philippines to attain jurisdiction over any claims or disputes arising from this Agreement or where judgment of a Filipino court is unenforceable in other countries, any unresolved disputes shall be referred to the Philippines Dispute Resolution Centre, Inc. (PDRCI), in accordance with the Rules of the PDRCI as modified or amended from time to time (the Rules) by a sole arbitrator appointed by the mutual agreement of the Parties (the Arbitrator). If Parties are unable to agree on an arbitrator, the Arbitrator shall be appointed by the President of PDRCI in accordance with its Rules.
The arbitration shall be in the English language and the fees of the Arbitrator shall be borne equally by the Parties, provided that the Arbitrator may require that such fees be borne in such other manner as the Arbitrator determines is required in order for this arbitration clause to be enforceable under applicable law.
XXII. No Relationship with Company
No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you, the Company or any third-party provider as a result of the Terms and Conditions of Use or use of the Service. If any provision of the Terms and Conditions of Use is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck out and the remaining provisions shall be enforced to the fullest extent under law. This shall, without limitation, also apply to the applicable law and jurisdiction as stipulated above. The failure of the Company to enforce any right or provision in the Terms and Conditions of Use shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by the Company in writing. The Terms and Conditions of Use comprises the entire agreement between you and the Company and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous negotiations or discussions, whether written or oral (if any) between the parties regarding the subject matter contained herein.
You hereby agree that the Company is entitled to terminate this Agreement immediately in the event that you are found to be in breach of any of the terms stipulated in this Agreement. For the avoidance of doubt, the termination of this Agreement shall not require the Company to compensate, reimburse or cover any cost incurred by you in the course of you acquiring Services from the transportation provider under this Agreement.
JoyRide Delivery is an on-demand curbside delivery app. Booking JoyRide Delivery will match the sender with a trained Kasundo Biker who will pick-up the item and deliver it to its drop-off destination. Sender or receiver must meet the Kasundo Biker at the plotted pick-up or drop-off point in order to send or receive the parcels.
Parking, toll, and other incidental fees are not included in the total delivery fee. Applicable incidental fees will be collected by the biker separately.
Place a booking with your pick-up and drop-off locations to get matched with a qualified JoyRide Kasundo Biker.
Include pertinent notes to the biker in order to guide him during the motorcycle trip or the delivery (ex. receiver contact details, package description, needed handling instructions, and the like).
Confirm your booking to proceed with JoyRide Delivery.
Weight and dimensions of the item/s allowed:
Examples of items that can be delivered:
Items that are delivered are insured up to PHP 2,000.00.
Refrain from delivering the following due to possible spoilage, disfiguration, and for safety reasons:
JoyRide Pabili is an on-demand Pabili or Purchase Service. Your assigned JoyRide biker will buy items for you at your desired establishment (ex. restaurant, market, drugstore, etc.) and deliver them to your drop-off location.
This service can be used for food orders, take-outs, grocery shopping, purchasing medicine, etc.
How to book:
1. Search the establishment you want the biker to purchase from and set as the pickup location.
2. Search and set your drop-off location.
3. List down your orders in Item Order List. Include name of establishment, order details, cost of items, and Total Pabili Amount for biker’s easy reference.
4. In notes, include other pertinent details such as handling instructions, location details, contact details of store, etc.
5. Click Confirm Booking to be matched with a Kasundo Biker.
6. At the drop-off location, pay the biker the Total Fare and Cost of the Purchased Items.
If there are parking, toll, and other incidental fees, these will be collected by the biker separately.
Allowable weight and dimensions of the PABILI items: Up to 12 kg maximum with dimensions of up to 17 x 15 x 10 inches maximum.
Maximum cost of PABILI items is Php 2,000.00
Example of items that can be bought by the biker: Food, Drinks, Medicine, Clothing, Groceries, etc.
To avoid spoilage and disfiguration, as well as for safety reasons, refrain using this service for the purchase of: items larger than previously specified dimensions, high-value items, valuable gadgets, cakes and pastries, prohibited drugs, flammable or explosive items, suspicious looking items, pets or animals.
Pastries such as cakes, cupcakes, flans and the like, together with the above mentioned prohibited items, are not included in JoyRide’s insurance coverage. In the event that pastries and the like will be purchased and delivered, you fully accept the risk of possible damage to the items and agree to proceed with the booking without any insurance coverage.
Due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of the JoyRide biker and/or We Move People and Things Philippines, Inc. (the Company) and as a result, the PABILI items are not purchased or the PABILI delivery is delayed, the biker and/or the Company will not be liable for any direct and/or incidental damages.
JoyRide Car is an on-demand transportation app that allows you to avail the private carrier services provided by the Transport Network Vehicle Service (the "TNVS"), a Transport Network Company (the "TNC")-accredited private vehicle owner using the internet-based technology application or digital platform technology of JoyRide transporting passengers from one point to another. JoyRide Car matches you with a TNVS and enables you to arrange and schedule transportation from one point to your desired destination.
By using the App and the Service, you agree that:
1. You shall only use the App and the Service for lawful purposes;
2. You shall only use the App and the Service for the purpose for which it is intended to be used and not for any commercial purposes whatsoever and/or to produce any email advertisements or spam emails;
3. You shall not use the App, the Service and the Private Carrier Services by bringing any unlawful materials, illegal drugs or substances and the like and/or for fraudulent purposes;
4. You shall not use the App and the Service to cause nuisance, annoyance, inconvenience or make fake bookings and/or in any way to track, stalk, harass or hurt any person;
5. You shall not use the App and the Service for purposes other than obtaining the Private Carrier Services;
6. You shall not impair or circumvent the proper operation of the App which the Service operates on, nor interrupt the normal operation of it, nor use any methods to export and/or modify the source code of the App;
7. You shall not modify, adjust, customize, revise, transfigure, convert the App or create derivative works based on the App provided to you by JoyRide;
8. You shall not try to harm the App, in any manner whatsoever, such as, but not limited to, uploading and/or sending out any kinds of computer viruses, worms, Trojans or malicious codes;
9. You shall not copy or distribute the App or other content of it without written permission from JoyRide;
10. You shall keep secure and confidential your account password or any identification that JoyRide provides you which allows you access the App and the Service and you shall immediately notify JoyRide if the security of your account has been hacked and/or compromised;
11. You acknowledge and agree that only one (1) account can be registered on one (1) device, and you shall not install and/or execute the App on any device other than the mobile device running the operating systems provided by JoyRide;
12. You shall only use an access point or data account which you are authorized to use;
13. You shall not use the App in another person's name and/or use the App with property of others without his/her consent;
14. You are aware that when requesting transportation services thru the use of the Service, standard telecommunication charges shall apply;
15. You agree that the Service is provided on a reasonable effort basis;
17. You shall not employ any means to defraud JoyRide or enrich yourself, through any means, whether fraudulent or otherwise, through any event, promotion or campaign launched by JoyRide to encourage new subscription or usage of the Service by new or existing user;
18. You shall not contact the TNVS for purposes other than the Services;
19. You shall not intentionally or unintentionally cause or attempt to cause damage to the TNVS and his/her vehicle;
20. You shall provide JoyRide complete and accurate information in submitting the Booking, such as, but not limited to, your choice of vehicle type, and manner of payment, through the App for initial determination of applicable rates; and
21. JoyRide does not warrant the availability of the TNVS and the availability of the vehicle as you may have been requested in the Booking, if any, the accuracy of the data or information provided as part of the Service, or the quality of the Private Carrier Services and the condition of the vehicle provided by the TNVS.
By using the Service and the Private Carrier Services, you herein agree, acknowledge, warrant and undertake that your duties and responsibilities, obligations, warranties and undertakings are as follows:
1. You are of legal age and has the capacity to accept, agree, enter into and execute contracts under Philippine laws;
2. You shall submit your personal information to JoyRide thru the App and you shall provide JoyRide with proof of identity as it may reasonably request or require;
3. You shall provide accurate, current and complete information as required for the Service and undertake the responsibility to maintain and update your information in a timely manner to keep it accurate, current and complete at all times during the term of this Agreement. You agree that JoyRide may rely on your information as accurate, current and complete. You acknowledge that if your information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete in any respect, JoyRide has the right, but not the obligation, to terminate this Agreement and your use of the Service at any time with or without notice;
4. JoyRide has the right to collect, use, keep, store, update and process your personal information to such extent, for and such time/period, as may be necessary for JoyRide to provide the Service. The submitted personal data may be used for, or in the following:
5. You should use the private carrier service properly, travelling with allowable capacity of passengers only;
6. You should pay the amount due you correctly;
7. You should be on time in the pick up location;
8. You and your guest/co-passenger should treat your driver with respect at all times. Any and all untoward acts inside the vehicle while traveling, such as, but not limited to, eating, drinking, smoking, vaping, littering, spitting, vomiting, shouting, cursing or resting your feet in the dashboard is strictly prohibited;
9. You should keep the car clean, bringing your things and trash, if any, with you;
10. You should follow and maintain road safety laws, rules and regulations as a passenger, such as, but not limited to, wearing seat belt at all times if you are seating beside the driver or do not ask your driver to speed up the car while travelling or commit traffic violations;
11. You should be subjected to a penalty under the law in the event of theft, robbery, acts of vandalism or damage to the driver's vehicle or other property;
12. You are liable for any loss and/or damage suffered by JoyRide, the TNVS and/or any third party as a result of your violation/s to the Terms herein and/or the Agreement with the TNVS; and
13. You hold JoyRide free and harmless from any legal liability to any third party as a result of any breach of this Terms and/or the Agreement with the TNVS.
Fees and Charges:
1. Fees and Charges shall be displayed thru the App in accordance with the prevailing rates at the time you placed your Booking;
2. Additional charges, such as, but not limited to, Toll Fee, Parking Fee and other incidental fees, if any, shall be charged to your account and is not included in the fees and charges indicated in the Booking; and
3. In the event that you damaged and/or misuse the motor vehicle of the TNVS, you shall be responsible for the cost of repair of any damage to the motor vehicle and/or necessary cleaning of the TNVS' motor vehicle.
Cancellation of Booking:
1. You are discouraged to cancel a Booking you made;
2. However, you may cancel your request for Private Carrier Services at any time before you commence your ride with the TNVS that has been matched with you by the Service; and
3. In the event that you decide to cancel your booking and/or do not show up at the designated location, you may be charged a Cancellation Fee or such other Cancellation Fee as JoyRide may notify from time to time.
1. Both Passengers and TNVS may rate each other with respect to the Private Carrier Service rendered by TNVS to the Passenger;
2. All ratings submitted by Passengers and TNVS shall automatically be transmitted in JoyRide's system and JoyRide will immediately review and analyze it; and
3. In the event that a complaint against you have been received by JoyRide, at its sole discretion, may take appropriate actions for your infractions.
1. JoyRide shall, from time to time, introduce promotions;
2. All promotions provided are subject to the prevailing regulatory requirements; and
3. JoyRide reserves the right to revise, suspend and/or terminate the promotions it introduced at any time and/or may withdraw the promotions at its discretion without prior notice.
1. The TNVS shall offer transportation and/or private carrier services to you and it is up to you to accept such transportation and/or private carrier services;
2. The Service of JoyRide is to link you with the TNVS, but does not, nor it is, intended to provide transportation services to you;
3. JoyRide is not an agent, principal or employer of the TNVS;
4. The TNVS is an independent driver-partner of JoyRide and is not an employee and/or agent of JoyRide;
5. JoyRide shall not be liable for any misuse by the TNVS of your personal information;
6. You shall receive and use the TNVS' personal data (name and contact number) for the purpose of fulfilment of your Booking, subject to the Terms of Service for TNVS Operators stated in a separate Agreement;
7. You shall be liable to the TNVS for any misuse of his/her personal data and you agree to hold JoyRide free and harmless from the misuse of the TNVS' personal data;
8. JoyRide does not perform the Private Carrier Services. It is completely, exclusively and independently performed by the TNVS;
9. JoyRide shall not be liable to you for any damages, claims or costs, including any consequential, indirect, incidental damages or any loss of profit or damages to your mobile device as a result of your installation of the App and/or availment of the Service or the Private Carrier Services using the App;
10. JoyRide does not warrant the performance of the App or the compatibility of the App with your mobile device;
11. JoyRide is not responsible for any delays, damages and/or losses resulting from, such as, but not limited to, technical glitches, delays and other problems inherent in the use of the internet and electronic communications, including the smartphone and/or mobile device used by the Passengers and TNVS', accident encountered by TNVS and /or due to Force Majeure; and
12. JoyRide reserves the right to pursue investigations and/or inquiries on the conduct and/or alleged violations by TNVS based on your report and/or complaint, and to impose appropriate sanction/penalties on the TNVS, at the sole and absolute discretion of JoyRide
1. Liabilities: JoyRide shall exercise due diligence of a good father of a family in accrediting and supervising its TNVS.
2. Amendments: By clicking the Agree/Accept button in the App, you agree that JoyRide may, from time to time, amend the provisions of this Terms by posting such amendments and additional terms and conditions on its website and/or by sending notification on your mobile app. You shall be bound by such amendments on the Terms made by JoyRide.
3. Assignment: JoyRide reserves the right to assign, transfer or sell any and all of its right, duties, benefits, privileges or obligations to any third party without the need of notice or consent from you. However, you may not assign your rights, duties, benefits, privileges or obligations to any third party under this Terms, including the Agreement between you and the TNVS.
4. Indemnification: You shall indemnify and hold JoyRide, its affiliates, stockholders, directors, officers, employees, agents and attorneys free and harmless against any and all claims, losses, damages, actions, demands, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses, including attorney's fees, of any nature whatsoever and howsoever, arising out of, or in connection with, your use of the JoyRice Car app and the private carrier service.
5. Entire Agreement: It is the intention of the parties hereto that all the provisions of this Agreement, defines, determines, embodies and represents the entire Agreement between you, JoyRide and the TNVS relating to the subject matter hereof. No representation, promise or inducement has been made by JoyRide that is not embodied in this Terms.
6. Liquidated Damages: You herein agree and undertake that should you be guilty of breach of any of the provisions of this Terms, you shall be liable to JoyRide for liquidated damages to cover for loss and/or damages as a result of your said breach of any of the provisions of this Agreement.
7. Manifestation: You herein manifest that you have read and understood this Terms and you herein undertake and agree to abide by the same.
8. Non-Circumvention: You undertake that you will not directly or indirectly, contact, deal with or otherwise involved with the TNVS, any entity, by or through other party, its officers, directors, agents or associates, for the purpose of avoiding the fees or otherwise, without the prior written approval of JoyRide
9. Non-waiver: Failure of JoyRide to exercise and to insist upon a strict performance of any of the terms, conditions and covenants hereof shall not be deemed a relinquishment or waiver of any right or remedy that JoyRide may have, nor shall it be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach or default of the terms, conditions and covenant herein contained, which shall be deemed in full force and effect. No waiver by JoyRide shall be deemed to have been made unless expressed in writing and signed by JoyRide.
10. Severability: Should any provision of this Terms be declared null, void or unenforceable by any government agency or court of law, this shall not affect the other provisions of this Terms which are capable of severance and which will continue unaffected. You herein agree that any provision of this Terms that have been declared null, void and unenforceable by any government agency or court of law shall be replaced with valid and enforceable provisions as closely aligned with the original intent as possible.
11. Termination: JoyRide may immediately terminate this Agreement or any Service with respect to you, or generally cease offering or deny access to the App and the Service or any portion thereof, at any time for any reason.
12. Venue of Action: In the event of any dispute, controversy or claim, breach, termination or invalidity thereof, arising from, or relating to, this Terms, the venue of the action shall be brought before the proper courts of Antipolo City, Rizal, Philippines, only, to the exclusion of all other courts of equal and competent jurisdiction.